Thursday, May 8, 2014

100 Happy Days

Spring is finally arriving here in Ontario....a little late, but we'll take it!  I'm off to Myrtle Beach again this weekend with my girlfriends...5 women that I met when we moved Limefreckle Jr. to the private school that he goes to right now.  These women were integral in helping me on this journey of autism we are on -- they all have boys (and one girl) on the spectrum.  These kids are some of Limefreckle Jr.'s best friends, and these women are some of MY best friends.  We decided we needed a weekend away -- and this weekend worked for everyone.  I'm feeling a little guilty to be leaving my family for Mother's day.....but Limefreckle Jr. is quite excited for a boy's weekend....and they will see Mr. Limefreckle's family to celebrate Mother's Day with Nana.....so I think they will be in good hands.  And it is Mother's Day after all, our day, so I think we deserve a little fun in the sun! Although Spring has arrived, the weather here doesn't compare to MB!

Almost a month ago, I noticed a post on a friend's facebook way, with the hashtag #100happydays.  It intrigued me, so I googled it, and discovered that 100 Happy Days is a challenge to take a picture everyday and post it, detailing something that made you happy every day.  This resonated with me, and I decided to embark on the challenge as well. The beginning of of the challenge was quite easy, I was leaving for Myrtle Beach the next day, so I had plenty of pictures to choose from.  But once I got home, I admit I did stumble a couple of times, not sure what to post.  I finally decided that it didn't always have to be something monumental -- if it makes me happy, it qualifies.  I encourage you to give this challenge a try - don't worry if sometimes your posts seem trivial, and sometimes theya re more profound, the purpose is to notice what makes you happy.

Here are some of my #100happydays pictures:

a tree near our condo in Myrtle Beach....so pretty!
Limefreckle Jr. got to visit a local News Station - he told them he'd like to work there in 10 years

the trip to Myrtle Beach takes us through the Mountains on the 2nd day of the drive....my favourite travel day!
Limefreckle Jr. may have grown, but he still loves a good playground!
I was trying to grow my bangs out, but they weren't looking all that great....so I got them cut again. Bangs are great....they truly make me look younger I think!
a fresh pedicure, ready to go back to the beach this weekend

this tree is in the middle of a highway, on my drive every morning....it's beautiful!

my son the novelist - he was saddened to hear that one of his favourite authors, Farley Mowat, passed away.  He said he was going to dedicate his next movie to him, and decide to start a new novel, in his honour.

Pin It

1 comments:

Loveandcrayons said...

Oh it's so great to hear from you!! And to see that spring is finally hitting Ontario!
Limefreckle jr looks so tall in the one picture!!
And I love the cherry tree one! My fav!!
Enjoy the beach trip, and have a very happy Mother's Day!