Monday, December 16, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

We finally got some snow this weekend, and Limefreckle Jr. couldn't be more thrilled... I have some pictures, but I can't get that stupid cloud to work on my pc, and I'm too lazy to email them from my phone to myself.....I need to get an apple laptop to make blogging easier....

Anyhoo, so I woke up Saturday morning bright and early, I had the last craft show of the season to attend.  It was STORMING!  I loaded the car with my jewelry, table etc. and headed out to drive down the only clear lane on the highway, barely able to see, thinking "if I get into an accident, this wil so not be worth it!  The highway was pretty empty,  and I made it to the venue.  About 1/2 way there it occurred to me that perhaps the show may be cancelled, and I was doing all this for naught.

Well I arrived safely and the show was indeed, going on as they say.  I pulled into a spot, opened up the back of my car, and turned to say hello to the person next to me, instead of paying attention to the rubbermaid containers that shifted in the back during the drive.....my container that holds my jewelery, on stands, fell out, and all my earrings fell into the snow.  Yes, I could have cried.

Instead I grabbed the blanket that I keep in the back, and wrapped everything up, and headed into the show.  I had PLENTY of time to clean everything up, and go through all the jewelry.  Plenty of time, because if the show drew 10 visitors I would be surprised.  It was a total bust, but I did still sell a necklace and a wrap bracelet......other vendors ended up roaming around looking at everyone else's things.  I have a rule when I do a show that I don't buy anything, because I'm not there to shop, I'm there to sell....but I couldn't help myself, a girl had the cutest homemade ornaments, I couldn't resist -- perfect for stockings.

We all packed up a little bit early, and when I got home, I saw Limefreckle Jr. in the schoolyard behind our house, trudging through the snow.  Mr. Limefreckle was out shovelling for the 2nd time that day (he did it one more time that night before it finally ended).  Now we have a nice amount of snow, enough to make it really feel like Christmas.

Sunday we went to a neighbour's Christmas open house.  This is a new neighbour that moved in a couple of months ago, so it was nice to get to know them a bit.  I also met the neighbour that lives across the street from me, who I had never met before....we've been here 3 years.  I really need to get out more.  We also have new neighbours next door, who I've gotten to know a bit, and I really like, they are such a nice couple.  I had hoped that maybe someone would move in with a son Jr's age, and unfortunately that didn't happen, but we got some really nice neighbours instead, so that's all good.  After talking with some of the ladies they inspired me to have a jewelry party in the new year.....it gives me a chance to showcase my jewelry, and it would be a great way to get to know each other a little bit more.

After the party we picked up Jr. who was hanging out at a friend's house, and went for a drive to look at the Christmas lights.  We were going to head to downtown Toronto to the distillery district, where they have a Christmas Market, with carolers, big trees, shops, cider, I thought it would be a wonderful Christmas experience.  Jr. said he would love to drive downtown, but didn't plan on getting out of the car.  He wasn't interested in going out for dinner, McDonald's drive thru was what he wanted.  Here I was expecting to have a Hallmark moment with the family, but sometimes that's how those things go, and driving down the Lakeshore to look at Christmas lights instead turned out to be the next best thing.  Best laid plans and all...

So this week I'm cramming everything in because the last day of school is Thursday, and I want to be all ready by then.  Wish me luck!


Pin It

2 comments:

Loveandcrayons said...

That's awful,about your earrings!! I would have been mad! At least you had enough time to set up, and shop!! But hey, you sold so that's ok!!
We have plans to go look at lights this weekend. Although, Kyan hates being in his car seat so our plans may change too!
I think it's great your neighbors do open houses! How fun! And, getting to meet someone after three years?! Awesome!! Our neighborhood tends to be friendly, but keeps to themselves. The ones closest to us, we have good relationships with. I made them all cookies, and we got some back too! That's always nice!

Katie J said...

I hope you all had a great holiday!!!