Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday -- what to do when there is a party?

So, I had a wedding this weekend....an out of town wedding, with family that I haven't seen in forever.....it was a BLAST, I had so much fun, HOWEVER, I was a bit worried about how my eating could get a little out of control in a situation like that, which was normally a free for all. I managed to eat as I have been, mindfully, with thought, and only when I was truly hungry. Even when faced with the cutest candy table at the wedding, I ate pretty mindfully.  That part I felt like I had down pat. The drinking was something I hadn't really thought about.... When I'm at a social gathering, I don't go CRAZY (unlike the 20 somethings that were at this wedding.....slammin' back the vodka and whisky shots like I've never seen....I'd have been under the table in 20 mins...) but I do tend to always have a glass of wine, or maybe a beer in my hand. I did NOT do a good job of drinking MINDFULLY.  I just drank, and didn't put any thought into it.  But when I got home and reviewed the weekend, I didn't beat myself up for falling off the wagon - I just noticed what I had done over the weekend, and reminded myself to think differently the next time (we have another wedding on labour day weekend)

As a result, I stayed the same this week. So no loss, but no gain either, which I normally would have expected.  I'm quite happy with that.   I'm still doing a good job of eating only at the table (even snacks, except one day I did have some popcorn in front of the TV during a movie...but I kept thinking at every bite..."have you had enough, are you full?)  It's a lot of work to eat this way SO FAR, but the point is that eventually it will all be second nature.....

linking up with Weigh in Wednesday again.....

Weigh In Wedneday


7 comments:

Cassandra Schmigotzki said...

Great control at the wedding! Proof you can splurge on the drinking every once in a while and not gain.

Loveandcrayons said...

It sounds like you are doing SO well with your conscious eating! If I had popcorn, I'd shove the whole bowl in my face, then look for more!! And so what if you had a few drinks, the eating likely balanced that out! Good job!!

Danielle K said...

It can be hard to drink mindfully, especially at weddings and fun events...good job with the eating!

julia s said...

Good job at the wedding! It's so hard for me to eat mindfully if I have a glass of wine in my hand lol

Katelyn @ Imperfect Perfection said...

I think you did great, and it is important to live your life. I think I tend to give up and really fall off the wagon when I let myself having nothing!

Ash Z said...

I am always happy when there is no gain even if there is no loss at least I stayed the same! Great job :)
Thanks for linking up

Betty Taylor said...

You definitely had a success with not gaining weight after attending a party. I hope I would be able to have the control that you had. I won't know until I have another party to attend.