Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday - the ugly truth

OK, so I recommitted to weigh in Wednesday last week....and gained weight.  I gained a pound.  I'm so depressed.

When I read back over last week's post, I realize that although I DID sit down that day and create a meal plan for the week, those things don't actually work unless you FOLLOW THEM!  I didn't eat one meal that I had planned.  I did exercise, not 20 minutes every day, as I committed, but 3 times last week I went for a 40 minute bike ride.  We have wonderful hiking/biking trails in our neighbourhood, and I need to take advantage of them more often.  Limefreckle Jr., who used to LOVE to ride his bike everyday, is getting a little harder to convince to come -- he's too busy making movies with his ipad and doesn't want to be interrupted.  Going to have to try to change that this week, and convince him to get out there with me more often...we went once together last week (I went twice on my own, in the morning before Mr. Limefreckle went to work...


 


we have some talented artists in the area!

he always has to stop at this bench for a water break....


 so I soldier on......the alternative is to give up, and I'm not really prepared to do that....I didn't get this blog post till later in the day, so I'm not hooked up to WIW this week, but will do it next week.....
 
 

Pin It

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You will get there...it's hard to get back on the healthy lifestyle wagon. I swear I feel better when I'm eating right and exercising but can't seem to stay on track. WILLPOWER is what we need!

Loveandcrayons said...

I agree with Alicia, you'll get there!! Riding a bike a few times a week is better than nothing!! Try the meal planning again, and even if you stick to it twice that's better than last week!

Danielle K said...

Don't get discouraged...you will definitely reach your goal. Hopefully your son will go with you to enjoy the resources you have there...those trails look so nice!