Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The beauty of Northern Ontario

Our trip up North is drawing to a close. We have had so much fun, playing at the beach, visiting friends and family, even took in Despicable Me 2 one night!

We visited family that has a cottage on an island.....so pristine and beautiful.  I'm not sure if I could do that, it seems like an awful lot of work having to take a boat everywhere, no electricity or plumbing.....(outhouses aren't my favourite places...but their's was the cleanest I've ever seen!)  They do have solar electricity, so they have power, but no washer/dryer/microwave/television....you get the drift!

Limefreckle Jr. however was IN LOVE with the place!!  It's right up his alley, very rustic, there's an old logger's cabin next door....a great place to explore and make up stories....something Jr. loves to do.  And he got to go tubing, which makes him very happy.

He loved it so much, we plan to stop and spend the night tomorrow on our way back to Toronto...he can't wait, and I'm excited too, to catch up with family, and most of all to see Limefreckle Jr. enjoy all the beauty that Northern Ontario has to offer!

he's so excited to be in the boat!

I forgot how much I enjoy a good boat ride!
 


2nd cousins, meeting for the first time....they hit it off nicely!



Pin It

0 comments: