Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Our road trip.....

Limefreckle Jr. and I packed up the car on Monday morning and headed up North. It's a loooong drive (8 hours plus stops) but we do it every year, have been for many, many years and I'm used to it. Often people think I'm crazy to do that drive alone, but I find it very peaceful, I usually listen to a ton of books on tapes etc (although this year, I was so full of the speakers that I had heard over the weekend, I mostly just listened to music...)


I went back upstairs to make sure I had all our bags, and saw this in front of Limefreckle Jr's door.  I'm pretty sure his dad won't rent the room out while we are gone, but we are gone for 10 days, one never knows!

We headed out onto pretty quiet highways, one of the perks of waiting until the last day of the long weekend to travel...

flag up on the electronic signs for Canada Day

We travelled without much happening, weather was a bit cool about 2 hours north of Toronto, and I got a little worried that we weren't going to be spending time on the beach, but it warmed up the further North we got....

 
We always stop at this little store about 3/4 of the way up North...



At about this point in the drive, Mama gets a little punchy....perhaps thanks to Tim Horton's and their delicious Ice Capps....  I end up singing at the top of my lungs, this year Limefreckle Jr. decided to bring his bongos....and began to serenade me.....wonder what the other drivers think???


We made the trip in good time, ready to have a nice dinner and too many glasses of wine with my Mom and Dad, and then fireworks on the beach with our neighbours.....life is good in the North!



Pin It

2 comments:

J and A said...

What a great trip!!! Good work!

Kelly said...

I hope you are having a great time! And oooohhhh .... Iced Capps ;)