Monday, March 11, 2013

Let the festivities commence!

Ah, spring break, is there anything finer?  Well, maybe spring break, with nothing to do AND STILL another week coming up around Easter for a vacation to Myrtle Beach - so I feel like I'm getting extra vacay this year!  We are just sticking around the house, relaxing, getting some jewelry made, movies watched, bikes rode (ridden?).  The weather is cooperating so far, Limefreckle Jr. broke out his bike today with much anticipation -- and is over at the park,  riding while I type.  I'm hoping the sun continues to shine, and the trails dry up.  We are really lucky, we have a TON of hiking and biking trails in our area, and I want to take full advantage of them this year.  Jr. loves to bike, and so do I, so this year I plan to do a lot more of it.

The weekend was quiet -- Superheroes program for Jr. on Saturday morning.  It's a program for kids with special needs at a nearby university.  The kids go into the gym and do different activities.  For Jr. and his friend, it's become an hour of fantasy play, they really don't participate in the official "exercises" outlined for the kids, instead they drag their helpers (university students that volunteer) all around on a fantasy journey, a story they make up as they go.  Limefreckle Jr. is OBSESSED with it, hates to miss a week.  I don't really think they are following the "curriculum" very well, his helper mentioned that to me, but I'm fresh out of ideas how to claw them back now!  I'm hoping that they won't take a hard line with him, that he needs to be "following the program" cause I don't see that going down well, and honestly, it's just a fun program for him to get out and get a little exercise, if it needs to become a battle of "do this cause I said so" I don't see that going well.  This is one part of raising a child on the spectrum that really exhausts me.  I get so tired of trying to make him "conform" that I just want to say "go and do what you want to do....have fun!". 

Sunday morning I joined the ranks of middle aged women all over North America, I did a Zumba class at a local church.  I don't belong to a gym anymore, I train at a private studio two times a week with a personal trainer, but this studio is really just set up for training and boot camps, no classes or anything like that.  The rest of the time I go to hot yoga -my absolute FAVOURITE thing to do.....if you haven't tried it, seriously, get yourself to a hot yoga studio ASAP because it feels ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!  I do kind of miss classes though, it's fun to go to a class, zone out for awhile, and just have fun.  I'm going to try and start attending Zumba every Sunday.

After I got home, we all went out to find us a new couch.  We have a family room off our kitchen, which is pretty much the room I live in.  I have a TV, the laptop, what more do I need? We currently have a couch and chair in there that I inherited from my parents....they are about 10 years old, and are starting to show their age.  The chair is torn, the couch is stained and has a "divet" in it where my ass rests most of the time....it's so uncomfortable.....time to upgrade.

I've been looking for something to replace the couch and chair for awhile. Last week I finally found something that I think will work, so I dragged Mr. Limefreckle to the store to see it, before he could  change his mind....


This, and the matching chair, (sans pillows) are being delivered on Friday.  Mr. Limefreckle isn't a big fan of the nail heads, but I don't mind them, I don't think they will be all that noticeable, behind the coffee table, and they go with the general style of the house.  I can't wait to have my first nap on it.  When you go to buy a sofa, do you stretch out on it to determine if it is nap worthy? I do.

After he broke out the checkbook for a new sofa and chair, we headed out to test drive a new car.


I already drive the Mazda CX-7 and I LOVE IT!!  I've never owned a foreign car before this one, I was always a big believer in buying North American, but these days these cars are often built here, and besides, I L0VE THIS CAR, so all my sensibilities and morals go out the window.  This time we are looking at the CX-9, because they don't make the CX-7 anymore.  Limefreckle Jr. was hilarious, he basically told the salesman WE ARE TAKING THIS CAR, but Mr. Limefreckle is an expert salesman too, he's not swayed by slick talkers, we did not leave with the car (Limefreckle Jr. asked us if we should start unloading the other car, he assumed we were going home in the new one!)  I understand my husband's point of view though, you don't just make snap decisions on these kinds of things.....I'll leave it to him to work out all the details!  I know that within a few weeks, I'll be in a new car, and I'm completely lucky and thankful that we are able to do that!  I commented to the salesman on our test drive that one thing I didn't like about the car, is there is no mute button for the stereo on the steering wheel.  TALK ABOUT A FIRST WORLD PROBLEM!  Um, sorry, but when I drive through Tim Horton's I'm forced to lean over and TURN OFF the stereo, instead of being able to mute it with a touch of my finger.  I'm pathetic!

So all in all it was a pretty awesome weekend!  I went a little over my comfort zone with my Weight Watchers points today (2 glasses of wine add up!) I ate about 57 points today, a tad over my 29 allowance.  But I had some extra points left over, and I DID earn some activity points with Zumba after all!  I do know with certainty however, that in my old life MANY of my days were probably 65 plus points -- now it's a rarity, and I'm good with that.  I KNOW this weight loss is going to be permanent for me, because I'm making better choices ALL AROUND, but allowing some splurges here and there. THAT'S what I think is needed for long term success.

And now I've settled in to watch the Celebrity apprentice....I love a good trainwreck, and with Omerosa back, it promises to be just that! I'm linking up with these blog hops!
stillbeingmolly


3 comments:

Jacqueline O said...

found you through the link up and love your blog!!! :)
P.S. I have a giveaway on my blog right now...(and 3 more in the next few weeks!) Hope you'll check it out and enter!
www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

The Superheros Program sounds really awesome!

So does your weekend! Thank you for linking up and sharing :)

Ches said...

Love that couch!!! Im ready to go shopping for a new car!!!!