Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Randomness......

Here are some random snaps of my life of late....



 
Went on a hike last week during a particularly beautiful, sunny day.  Love a winter hike!
 


 
 
Do you ever make "smashed" potatoes?  Put some baby potatoes on a cookie sheet in oven at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour.  Take out and "smash" them with whatever you have handy (I use a glass).  Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese...put back in the oven for another 1/2 hour or so, until they are crispy.  Delish!



love a bright red pedicure in January! 




Bought a bright red wreath ($11, thank you very much end of Christmas clearance sales) to brighten up the house (much like my toes) and match the winter urns that are a pop of pretty in dreary January!
 
Was having lunch in the car, about to go in to see my massage girl (I know,  I live the life) and spotted this fella.  I'm not positive, but I think he's eating a lobster leg!!!  The squirrels eat well in this part of town!

 
I always consult the little man on the window ledge to tell me what I should be wearing each day.  He's pretty much in the same outfit all month.....scarf, hat, long pants etc.....but this particular week has been extra chilly!  -19 celcius on that particular day!

 
 
Tooped off the week by joining my son's class at a skating rink outdoors.  Promplty came home, fell into bed, and stayed there most of the weekend.  Don't think I had the flu,  because it only lasted a few days, and thankfully no fever....but Saturday I slept almost all day and night....let's hope whatever it was it out of my system for the season!

0 comments: