Thursday, January 10, 2013

30 things you are probably dying to know about me

Lately I've seen a few bloggers answering A-Z questions, sharing a little bit about themselves with their readers.  Today while spending a ridiculous amount of time on Pinterest, I stumbled across this list of questions, and decided this is how I will tell YOU all a little bit about me.

 you can follow the pinterest link here

So, without further ado....here are my answers:

1. What is your number one goal this year?    I would have to say my number one goal is to lose weight.  That is pretty much my number one goal EVERY January, I have a long history of gaining, then losing, then gaining the same 10, 20, 30 pounds.  This year, I want to finally get that under control, so that by the time I turn 50 it is no longer a struggle (I just turned 48 on December 31st).

2.  What are you most grateful for?  I would have to say my charmed life.  I'm lucky enough to be able to stay home and care for my family full time, we live in a lovely home, pretty much everything I want I have....I'm spoiled, what can I say?

3.  Are you content?  NO, NEVER!  Of course I recognize the irony of that answer after what I just said in answer to question #2...but I'm constantly trying to change for the better....and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

4.  What is your best memory of last year?  That question has me a bit stumped.  I can't think of just one thing that I feel will stand out about 2012!  I suppose I would have to say our trip to Myrtle beach last spring was a standout for me......I watched Limefreckle Jr. enjoy himself so much, he met some new friends that he clicked with so well, and it was a trip that will always be remembered fondly.  And repeated yearly, if we can! (a condo for this spring has already been booked, and this time Mr. Limefreckle is going to be able to leave work and join us, so this should be THIS year's standout memory!)

5.  What was the last major accomplishment you had?  I suppose I would have to say planning and organizing a craft show at Limefreckle Jr.'s school this November was my biggest accomplishment.  It was a huge undertaking, and I was able to do it (of course with the help of lots of great parents at the school).  I was in charge of dealing with all of the crafters, organizing them, etc. and we got many compliments from so many vendors and visitors to the show, many people told us it was such a well organized show, and that made me very happy.  It made me realize that I'm capable of doing a lot more than I think I am!

6.  What possession could you not live without?  I would have to say my iphone.  It allows me to stay connected with everyone, be it by telephone, email or facebook.  I could not LIVE with the internet.

7.  Can people change?  Yes, of course they can....but they have to want to, and they have to do it themselves.....you cannot change people, but they can change themselves......

8.  What is the last "good" think you ate?  Hmmm....have to think back....since Christmas I've had a hard time getting back on track with Weight Watchers, and I haven't been making the best meal choices.  And please, define "good".  If "good" means tasty....then the huge pot of spaghetti and meatballs that I made for New Year's Eve would have to be it.  If "good" mean healthy.....well, then I suppose it would be the pear I had with lunch yesterday....

9.  What is your current favourite snack?  been loving greek yogurt, berries, and a bit of granola.

10.  What made you smile today?   Limefreckle Jr. in trampoline class.  He was jumping up and down, making funny faces, talking to himself, in his own world.  This is something that sometimes worries me, because hey, it seems a bit odd to see a kid talking to himself, but over the years I've come to really admire his complete confidence in himself, and his complete disregard for worry about what others think.  I wish I could be as true to myself!

11.  What's your favourite accessory?  Why one of my triple wrap bracelets of course!  (cue shameless plug)  I'm wearing this one right now!

you can find it here             





 12.  What is making you mad?  The teachers union in Ontario is currently causing a lot of strife in our school systems.  I don't know why this makes me mad, as Limefreckle Jr. is lucky enough to attend a fantastic private school, but whenever I see the school boards and the unions causing trouble, it just brings back so many horrible memories for me, from when we were trying to work with the public school system.  It makes me so angry to see people, in this economy, that are making decent wages, and have good jobs, with fantastic benefits, complain.  I wish that the unions would understand the world that we live in, and would understand that our government is not a bottomless pit of money.  And I wish that they would put our children first....

13.  What did you have for dinner today?  Cheese and crackers, and microwave popcorn.  Like I said, been struggling with getting back on the Weight Watchers wagon.  I had rejoined a few weeks before Christmas and lost 8 lbs., but then the holidays came along, and everything went off the rails.....

14.  What did you get done?   Today was a busy day.  Drop Limefreckle Jr. at school than drive for an hour to meet Mr. Limefreckle for a work thing....then some deliveries and pick ups for him and his business...than back on the road to get back to Limefreckle Jr.'s school....then trampoline class....then home.....hence the popcorn for dinner....just much easier than cooking!

15.  Who last called you on the phone?  That would be my Mom.....we try to talk every few days....we live 8 hours apart (soon to be 16 hrs apart when my parents head down south for the winter...) but we keep in touch as much as we can, and usually see each other a few times a year.....

16.  Who are you in love with?  That would be my husband of 16 years, Mr. Limefreckle....oh, and Colin Firth.....but who isn't?  

17.  What are you grateful for? So many things, but I guess my family would have to top this list.  

18.  The best part of today was the same thing that made me smile.  Watching Limefreckle Jr. on the trampoline.....so happy and so sure of himself!

19.  My current favourite website is PINTEREST of course!

20.  What was the hardest thing your dealing with? Autism.  I wouldn't change Limefreckle Jr. but it's not easy raising a child with special needs, not gonna lie!

21.  Today I wish I had more TIME!  Had a few errands I wanted to do that I just didn't get to.

22.  Tomorrow will be better because I WILL have more time....just an appointment with my trainer for an hour, than the rest of the day is MINE!

23.  What made today unusual?  I went into the city today, haven't done that for awhile.  Usually just stick to my little life in the burbs!

24.  What are you looking for from life? FUN!  A day without laughter is a wasted day, as my good friend Vanna always says!

25.  What is your favourite thing to drink?  WINE!  love a good Pinot Grigio!  I the summer, my preferred drink by the pool is a rocket, which is 1/2 Smirnoff's Ice, and 1/2 beer. 

26.  Today the temperature was COLD!  I think about 6 degrees Celsius.

27.  What was the last thing that made you roll your eyes?  I saw this clip on You tube....


       

28. Tomorrow I will EAT BETTER! 

29.  What was your last major purchase?  Haven't made it just yet, we are in the process of searching for a new couch and chair.....can't find exactly what I want and it's frustrating me....it shouldn't be this hard!  If I have to pick what I have ALREADY purchased.....I guess Christmas, and all that goes along with it, should count!

30.  My house is a home because this is where my family is.  I do love our house, and it is comfy and cozy, I try hard to make it that way.  But it's family that makes it a home....not stuff. 

Well, if your still reading after all of that, thanks so much for sticking around, and getting to know a little bit about me!  If you choose to do this on your blog please let me know, so I can get to know a little bit more about you!                                                                                        

0 comments: