Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010!



Wow, another year come and gone!!!  We celebrated last night fairly quietly, Uncle Limefreckle came over, and our good friends from down the street --- we feasted on crab legs, Beef Wellington, coconut shrimp, jello shots and sparkling wine....you can see how excited Rufus is!  He's not used to staying up so late.....Mr. Limefreckle and Limefreckle Jr. were in bed before everyone left, and Rufus kept coming into the room every few minutes to bark at me....this was his way of saying "Daddy and the boy are up in bed....kick these stragglers out and let's get up there!!"

So here we are in 2010, and of course my mind turns to New Year's resolutions.  Of course, it wouldn't be a new year unless the first resolution on my list was to lose weight!  Why oh why, do I constantly struggle with this year, after year, after year?   I guess I can console myself by reminding myself that if Oprah can't do it.....what hope do the rest of us have!!!  But I continue to try, try, try again.....and this year will be no different....I'll be tuning into Oprah next week to see if she feels the same way.....but then, what's the alternative???  Better to try and fail than to not even try...so I resolve to get this extra weight off, and more important, stop skipping trips to the gym.

The other resolution that I am making this year is to concentrate more on my jewelry business.  I want to carve out more time to create new pieces, and really focus on getting things photographed, and online to sell.  I've been wanting to devote more time to Limefreckle for so long now, and I firmly resolve to do that this year.  I'm even planning to have some jewelry give aways here on the blog, so stay tuned!  I would ALSO like to get into my basement workshop and create a few mosaic pieces....it's been a very long time since I've done that, and I'm itching to get back at it!  I have stacks and stacks of dishes that I have collected over the years, I want to go through all of those and weed out what I won't use.

The last resolution that I'm making is to get organized.  I'm actually a fairly organized person....I love, love, LOVE to organize things.....I should have been a professional organizer for a career....nothing thrills me more than to go into the messy space and clean it up.  (I'm not talking about basic housework here.....I HATE that....)  I'm talking about finding ways to organize, cleaning out closets, that kind of stuff.  So this year I'm going to concentrate on the house....going through room by room, going through the basement (eek!) and getting rid of anything that we don't need.  I love to read Jess LC she inspires me with her gorgeous jewelry, and her philosophy on de-cluttering.  I like the term "makeunder" and I'm going to keep that in mind as I go through this place.

So that's it, I've posted it on my blog, now it's out there......hopefully that will help me keep these resolutions, and make them a reality!  Happy New Year to you and yours, may 2010 be the year to make things happen!

Photobucket

0 comments: