Friday, February 8, 2008

Wiarton Willie, were you paying attention???

Last week my son and I watched Wiarton Willie proclaim to the world that we would have an early spring. So much for Willie's predictions, we've been inundated with snow around here! We had 2 snow days in a row, combined with an early release day this week, and a PD day last week, it's like the kids are already on spring break! Yesterday my friends and I piled the kids into our vans, after a quick stop at Tim Hortons for coffee (oh yes, we admit it, we are most definitely suburban moms!) and off we went to a nearby hill, with fresh powder just begging for some sledding! The kids had fun, and we had quite a few laughs, watching the silly things that they do. It's so interesting to get a bunch of kids together (there were 9 in all, ranging in age from 4 to 10) and watch how they behave......heading down the hill standing up on the toboggans, sliding down the hill on their bellies with no toboggans, rolling down the hill head over heels, "just because it's fun", sitting at the bottom of the hill with their faces planted in the snow ---- I won't pretend to understand them, but I do envy their attitudes! The girls seemed to compose themselves a little better......but the boys, my how silly they can be! I hope that in the years to come, they remember these days, the fun we had, this is what being a mom is all about, in my eyes!

0 comments: