Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by my friend Roxi and I'm supposed to tell you 6 or 7 random things about myself....which is so hard, because, although I am a talker, it's taken me forever to come up with something to say here....but I'll give it a try!

1) When I was young, I was constantly breaking my arm....no kidding, I had 3 casts (1 on the right, 2 on the left) and more sprains than I can remember --- I was (and still am) a VERY klutzy kid, and was constantly tripping and falling and breaking an arm -- everyone had theories about why - my Grandpa said I didn't drink enough milk.....but really, I think I was just a big klutz! Oh, broke my collarbone once too.....that was fun!

2) I don't know how to snap my fingers.....never learned......oh the shame!!!

3) I love being a Mom!!! Before I had my son, I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the whole "having kids" business......I always knew I wanted, to, it's what you do after all, when you get married......but I have never been a baby person.....even 1 week before my son was born, I remember distinctly being afraid to hold my newborn nephew.....I was the type that always said "no thanks" when people offered me their kids......but once I had my own son....WOW....everything changed. I'm still not chasing after people to let me hold their babies, but I do love kids, love to be around kids, and if I'd known this about myself before, I would have become a teacher!

4) I'm addicted to television -- always watching something, soap operas, daytime talk shows, you name it, I've seen it.....and wow, thank God for digital recording!!! Should I be ashamed of my television viewing habits? I suppose....BUT I'M NOT!

5) I'm spoiled.....yes, I admit it. I have a cleaning lady, I go for massages, I get regular manis/pedis, facials......why do women feel guilty about that sort of thing? I don't know...but I try not to!!!

6) I love the beach! I'm a northern girl, born in Canada, in NORTHERN ONTARIO, a fairly snowy area of Canada.....but I secretly lust for a beach!!! I don't particularly like to SWIM in any body of water other than a pool, but I love to be NEAR the water......

7) I'm afraid of snakes -- but am trying to overcome this fear. I've always been so afraid of snakes I couldn't even watch them on tv then, along comes my son, who sees nothing wrong with snakes! So now, I can watch Animal Planet, even watch the biggest, ugliest snake, and not flinch too much......I can live with plastic snakes around the house (although I draw the line at them getting into my bed, which my son tried to pull one time). I hope and pray that he will never move to actually wanting LIVE snakes in the house, because I will definitely draw a line there ---- I don't know that I could ever overcome my fear enough to be in the company of a real snake.....but I'm trying!

There, I did it.....7 random things about myself! Now I'm supposed to tag 7 other bloggers, which could be hard, as I don't always talk with other bloggers......I READ a million blogs, but don't really KNOW those bloggers.....so I'll have to work on this one!

0 comments: