Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Where was this when I was a child?



When I was a kid, waaaaay back in the 70's, we had a good old sprinkler to keep us cool on a hot summer day. Not one of those fancy, spray willy nilly kind of things, but a metal sprinkler, that shot out freezing cold water, back and forth, back and forth, and really, REALLY hurt if you caught your foot on it (which I did a lot, because I was very clumsy as a child). But of course, we loved it, and never even dreamed that such a thing as this slide, that my son makes me drag out every day for him, existed! Boy, kids today are spoiled! This baby squirts out water from the top, and has not one but 2 slides, so that other little boys that stand on their deck next door and look over longingly can join in the fun. The water puddles up at the bottom of the slide to create a freezing cold little pond, but the kids don't seem to care! Ah......good times!

(did I mention that when I turned 8 or so we had a pool? I guess I was a little spoiled too, after all...)

0 comments: